It’s never too early to start saving, even from an early age children’s accounts could be opened at our Principality Agencies at Llangefni and Holyhead, here are some further tips to help you turn your pennies into pounds and secure a deposit for your first home.
- Break a deposit down into a monthly plan, it makes it easier physiologically to achieve.
- Really think about your finances and what you can really save on to make your deposit that much easier to achieve.
- If you can create and work to budgets it may well worth doing so, you are likely to have fixed monthly costs which you need to stick to.
- Be realistic – don’t over estimate the amount that you can save each month as you still need to enjoy life, settle on a figure and if you have a good month you can always save a little more. Speak to the Principality Building Society Agency staff at the TPP offices in Holyhead and Llangefni, there are different savings accounts available, one of which may be suitable for you.
- Create a standing order or direct to transfer your money into your savings account this will stop you from thinking, hesitating or reallocating those funds however unintentional.
- Providing that you’re meeting your savings plan you can always take a month break for your birthday month example to have a little treat.